As posted on InformaConnect Website
Managing Deep Energy & Deep Emissions Retrofits
Date: Thursday, February 16 at 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Location: Tradeshow Floor: Learning Lab, Vancouver Convention Centre West
Theme: Climate Resiliency & Retrofits
Climate Change policy in BC and Canada is pushing for near zero emissions for new construction. But what about the 10 million existing buildings? Between now and 2040, there are an estimated 600,000 buildings that will need retrofitting each year (Pembina Institute, 2021). All levels of government are turning their attention to this important next step in greener buildings. Billions of dollars are on the table and major regulatory changes are moving forward, driving demand for retrofits to unprecedented levels.
Attendees of this seminar panel will learn and understand:
- - Best practices for managing Part 3 or Part 9 deep energy retrofits
- - How to compare the various considerations for retrofits to lower emissions or the energy intensity of buildings
- - The incentives and rebates available for: home builders, renovators, contractors, and homeowners
- - Melissa Hamer, Project Leader, Zero Energy/Emissions Buildings Learning Centre, BCIT
- - Greg Bloom, Manager of Industry Relations, Home Performance Stakeholder Council
- - Christy Love, Principal, Senior Project Manager, RDH Building Science
- - Steve Kemp, President, Owner, Kemp Construction
Thursday, February 16, 2023
11:15 am - 12:15 pm
...and also this week!
CHBA Awards to be announced during Home Building Week in Banff, AB
Date: Thursday, February 16
Location: Banff, AB
The Canadian Homebuilders National Conference brings together leaders in the residential construction industry across Canada. This year the conference will be held in Banff, Alberta from February 12-16, 2023. The CHBA National Awards for Housing Excellence Gala Dinner will be the finale of the event as they announce the recipients of their awards. For more information see the CHBA website.
Kemp Construction is honoured to be a finalist in the category of “Best Detached Custom Home 4,001 to 5,000 square feet” for our project “Nestled in the Cedars” along with JRG Building Engineering Inc., Bolig Performance Framing, and SOFO Kitchens Ltd. The Custom Home also achieved Step Code 4 (performing 50% better than traditional home construction).
"Nestled in the Cedars" - a Step Code 4 Modern Farmhouse in Tsawwassen